1) Can we v$parameter table?
No,we can't v$parameter is a system table
2) Develop a report to change color for maximum and minimum salaries, what is the logic?
3) Try to find total members belong to each department and find all the total members
SELECT deptno, COUNT (empno) AS count
GROUP BY ROLLUP (deptno)
4) Can I have a report without data model query?
5) I need to return two values from a function. How?
Yes, concatenate the values and return the values, While reading we can substring the values
6) How u reduce the time execution of query?
By using Analytical functions, reducing the full table scans, using function based indexed whenever needed
7) I developed a master child report using link option. One report I have developed using joins in single query and I
Separated by dragging the master group. Now the question which performs better. Why?
No impact, both will work in same manner
8) When you query Multi Org tables in SQL*Plus or any tool (like TOAD), we get zero rows, though actually those tables got data? What is the reason? What do you do then?
Need to set multi org context.
9) What is auto reduction?
End users can use the LOV auto-reduction and search features to locate a value in a List. To use auto-reduction, end users type the desired entry directly in the List pane of the LOV window. As each character is entered, Oracle Forms reduces the List to only those values that match the string being entered.
Pressing [Delete Backwards] expands the reduced List of choices. Auto-reduction works by comparing the string entered by the end user with the values in the first column displayed in the LOV. If the LOV to be displayed contains a long List of possible values, the LOV window will display with only the column titles (and no values) displayed.
Once the user enters a reduction string into the Find field and a query is performed on this reduction string, the resulting LOV values will be displayed beneath the column titles. The LOV will then resume its normal appearance and behavior, and the end user can select a value from the List or further reduce it by expanding the reduction string. End users can use the search feature to locate a match for a specific text string and to do wildcard searches. To use the search feature, the end user moves to the LOV's Find field and enters the search criteria string, then chooses the Find button to execute the search. Oracle Forms shortens the List to those choices whose first column values match the end user's search criteria. Note that if the end user precedes the search criteria with a "%" symbol, Oracle Forms will perform a search on all LOV columns. End users can press the TAB key to move between the LOV List pane and the Find field.