* Item Master organization: Oracle Inventory only defines items in the Item Master organization of the organization from which you enter the Items window.
· Where else is workday calendar required in Oracle implementation?
This is required when Oracle Master Scheduling/MRP and Oracle Supply Chain Planning is installed.
* What is a demand class?
Demand classes segregate scheduled demand and production into groups, allowing you to track and consume those groups
Independently. Oracle Master Scheduling/MRP and Oracle Supply Chain planning uses this demand class during forecast consumption, and shipment and production relief.
· What is Move Order Timeout Period field?
Move Order Timeout Period field is about the number of days a move order requisition can wait for approval.
* What is allow negative balances?
Allow negative balances Determines whether inventory transactions can drive the inventory balance of an item negative.
Attention: If insufficient quantity on hand exists in a supply sub inventory to satisfy back flush demand, Oracle Work in Process forces the supply sub inventory balance negative, ignoring this option setting.
· What are locator control options?
Pre specified only,
Dynamic entry allowed,
Determined at sub inventory level.
· The costing organization can be the current Organization itself (thus, it controls its own costs), or it can be the Item Master organization.
· What is Purchase Price Variance
The variance account used to record differences between purchase order price and standard cost. This account is not used with the average cost method.
· What is Inventory A/P Accrual?
The liability account that represents all inventory
Purchase order receipts not matched in Accounts
Payable, such as the uninvoiced receipts account.
* What is Invoice Price Variance?
The variance account used to record differences
between purchase order price and invoice price.
· What is the option for lot number uniqueness?
Across items: Enforce unique lot numbers for items across all
None: Unique lot numbers are not required.
· what is an option for lot number generation?
User–defined: Enter user–defined lot numbers when you receive
At organization level.
At item level.
· What is an option for serial number uniqueness.
Within organization: Enforce unique serial numbers within the
Within inventory items: Enforce unique serial numbers for inventory items.
Across organizations: Enforce unique serial numbers throughout all organizations.
· What is an option for serial number generation?
At organization level:
At item level:
Note: If serial number generation is at the organization level you must enter a starting serial number.
· What is Select default-picking rule.
Picking rules define the priority that order management functions use to pick items.
Attention: A picking order of 1 means that order management
functions pick items from that sub inventory or locator before others with a higher number (such as 2, 3, and so on).
· What are the source’s types for item replenishment?
· What are the Inter–Organization Transfer Charge option?
· What are the Inter–Organization Transfer accounts?
Purchase price variance
· What is a sub inventory?
Sub inventories are unique physical or logical separations of material inventory, such as raw inventory, finished goods, or defective material.
All material within an organization is held in a sub inventory therefore, you must define at least one sub inventory.
· What is quantity tracked in sub inventory? What is it its relevance?
It Indicate whether each transaction for this sub inventory updates the quantity on hand for the sub inventory (Quantity Tracked).
If you leave this option unchecked, on–hand balances are not
maintained and you cannot check or update the Asset Inventory,
Include in ATP, Reservable, or Nettable options.
* Asset Sub inventory: Indicate whether to maintain the value of this sub inventory on the balance sheet (Asset Sub inventory).
· Nettable: Indicates whether the planning process uses the on–hand balance of these sub inventory items as available inventory.
· What are the types of locator controls you have?
· For what purpose are the pre–processing, processing, and post–processing lead times for items used in the sub inventory?
These lead times are used when you use min–max planning at the
Sub inventory level.
· How do you inactivate a sub inventory and what are the measures you need to take?
Enter the date on which the sub inventory becomes inactive.
As of this date, you can no longer assign the sub inventory to any function within Oracle Applications. In addition, you cannot receive items into or issue items from the sub inventory.
Attention: Before you disable a sub inventory, you must make
certain that no open jobs or schedules in Oracle Work in Process use it as the back flush sub inventory and that no active bills in Oracle Bills of Material use it as the supply sub inventory for pull requirements.
* What are the sub inventory general ledger account fields?
Outside processing account
What are stock locators used for?
We use locators to identify physical areas where we store inventory items. Item quantities can be tracked by locator. Items can also be restricted to specific locators.
What is organization access? And who determines it?
You can specify which organizations a responsibility can access by mapping responsibilities to organizations. Once this mapping is set up, a user logging into an Oracle Manufacturing product is restricted to the organizations mapped to the responsibility chosen. The Change Organization window is restricted as well.
Attention: Until you assign an organization to a responsibility in this window, all responsibilities have access to all organizations. Once you have restricted any responsibility to an organization, you must then explicitly define the organizations, which all responsibilities can access.
How do you enable material shortage for WIP?
By enabling the CHECK SHORTAGE filed in shortage parameters.
What are the exclusions you have in material shortage check?
Who will receive a workflow notification about the material shortage?
Job /schedule creator.
Pick wave move order:
A pick wave move order can exist if no available/on–hand quantity exists at pick release, or if the pick wave move order is pick confirmed short or backordered at ship confirm.
A freight carrier is a commercial company used for internal transfers between organizations, as well as shipments to and from customers and suppliers. You must associate a general ledger account with each carrier to collect costs associated with using this carrier. You assign a carrier to each inter–organization transaction.
What is Unit of measure class?
Unit of measure classes represent groups of units of measure with similar characteristics. Each unit of measure you define must belong to a unit of measure class.
Each class has a base unit of measure. The base unit of measure is used to perform conversions between units of measure in the class.
What is the need for UOM?
Units of measure are used by a variety of functions and transactions to express the quantity of items.
Primary Unit of Measure
The primary unit of measure is the stocking unit of measure for an item in a particular organization. The primary unit of measure is an item attribute that you specify when defining each item.
Can you delete a unit of measure:
You can delete existing units of measure that are not base units of measure if no standard or item specific conversions are defined.