The creation of a font requires only a few steps to be performed:
- Log in as XML Publisher Administrator.
- Navigate to Administration --> Font Files --> Create Font File.
- Available fields are Font Name and File:
--> For Font Name, choose any descriptive name
--> File will browse the PC to locate the font file
- Navigate to Font Mappings -->Create Font Mapping Set.
- Mapping name is the name one will give to a set of fonts.
- Mapping code is the internal name one will give to this set.
- Type: 'PDF Form' for PDF templates. 'FO to PDF' for all other template types.
- Create Font Mapping (this allows one to add fonts to a set).
- Font Family is the exact same name seen in MS Word under Font. If one does not use the same name the font will not be picked up at runtime.
- Style and weight must also match how one uses the font in the RTF or PDF layout template. Normal and Normal are good defaults.
- Language and Territory should remain blank (NULL) unless one has a strong business reason, as these fields can cause the font not to be picked up at runtime.
- Navigate to Configuration General -> FO Processing -->Font Mapping Set. This can also be done at Data Definition and Template level, via the corresponding Edit Configuration button on those pages. The hierarchy is Site-> Data Def -> Template.
- Select the new mapping set.
- Make sure the font is not referenced under File --> Properties --> Custom in the RTF template file.
- Under General, set a Temporary Directory. The font will be stored under a /fonts directory at runtime, initially created the first time the font is used.
- Upload a template that uses the special font and test using preview or by submitting a concurrent request.
For more information, kindly refer to the XML Publisher documentation accessibly via the References section of this document.